Sunday, October 28, 2012

Busy Months

The start of the School year always brings with it a ton of activities & never enough time.  It is also a busy time for family birthdays. Committed to not buying anymore cards given all the supplies in the house, some cards make it on time, some not quite.  Here is a brief overview of some of the cards.....


For a brother who is an avid bike rider...turning 50....The bike is a digi print from Rhoda Design Studio; Bike Stamps. I had picked up some vinyl rub ons a while back, first time I used it, but think it works well here.

 
Always interested in exploring options for folds, I took this to a Z-fold. Not too complicated, but a bit of special for 50.


Next, my mother in law's birthday....for this, I wanted something a bit whimsical & fun, but soft....

I used some designer papers, the entire image is one stamp, used some embossing for a subtle sparkle...no, you can't see it in either of the photos. The outline is a CB embossing folder. For a different twist, I ran the ribbon on an angle.
 
 
 Next up.....two nephews. Actually, one got his very late....unfortunately, not that out of the ordinary. But, the second one had his on time - YEAH!

Enough of that, now to the cards...

Wanted to try this effect, different dp with opposite rounded corners. Very simple, but a neat look. Topped off with a plain greeting & stamped cake piece, colored with pencil. Perfect for a 20 yr old. (should start now to think what I'm going to do for him next year - the big 21)
 
 

For his younger brother, he's kind of into guitars, and turned 14 so he needed a TEEN card. Searched for an appropriate digi & found it - a Stampin' Up brush stamp - Extreme Guitar. Printed up a computer greeting, turned the black matt on an angle & its that simple. Oh, the digi comes black, I washed it out for the grey look. 

The very first fun punch I ever purchased (12 yrs ago, mind you) was this music note. I first used it as part of a cake decoration for my then 3 yr old. Best of all, I just received an email from this nephew, he thought the card was "pretty cool" - I'd call that success with a 14 yr old - lol!

Next up, Halloween treat bags for a church party.....

No comments:

Post a Comment