I started with the stamped image I colored with my trusty watercolor pencils, just love the soft look!
This next couple of steps go against the "should dos" but...I made it up as I went, so.... I cut the window in the main card; attached a piece of acetate to the back of the front; mounted the stamped image to the back side of the front of the card, using strips from around the pop-squares dimensionsals (instead of using foam tape, which I didn't have handy). If you try this, remember....
1) you need some space for things to shake inside, so be sure to use an adhesive with depth.
2) check the size of your shaking element, mine is just a bit too big, doesn't move too freely - although since it sticks a bit, its not ever all down at the bottom like finer glitter might be.
3) be sure to completely block all edges of the window - you don't want to loose your element in the envelope during mailing (or as they take it out!)
4) This is a dimensional card, so the top fold is actually two folds about 1/16th to 1/8th inch wide.
I like to finish the inside of the fronts too, so I cut a matching piece of the yellow card to cover that up, mounted on the back of the white stamped area.
ok, now to the out of order steps....
The gold cardstock seemed very blank, so I took a stamp, inked it up in slate grey, brought the window piece back in to protect the window, stamped once then turned it & stamped again. I kind of liked the way it wasn't perfect....to finish it off, added the ribbon, tucked behind the front, used another piece for the bow. Finally, I typically secure the tabs of the bow to keep it just right.
I'm thinking that it would make much more sense to stamp the front before adhering the stuff to the back, you know....a flatter stamping surface & all...seemed to work though.
Give it a try! Thanks for looking.