Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Mom's Birthday


I try to do something different & special for my Mom's cards. She appreciates them & is a very forgiving critic - lol! 
For this card, I started with the 7x10 card stock (cut down from 12x12). I was inspired by the floral design paper, but wanted a special texture so I ran it through the Cuddlebug embossing folder. 
Instead of layering up from the card front, I cut a window with my paper trimmer; leaving a 3/8 in. boarder and enough for the bottom sentiment. 
Since the other side of the paper wasn't in keeping with the look of the card, I covered that by adhering the dp to another piece of the same stock used for the card itself. Then, I used dimensional adhesives to attach the dp from the inside.

The flower is made using Fiskar Ultra ShapeXpress & 2 different templates - I love that I am doing the cutting, even if its with a template (fancy name for a stencil).  I sandwiched two identical with the different layer between. Then topped with a 2 inch scallop circle punch, a smaller scallop circle & a snowflake. Finally, finished with the pink pearl embellishment.

 

The bird was a bit tricky, didn't want it to take over, so had to be careful on ink color, etc. I ended up stamping & then adding some glitter to soften the look, a bit of fussy cutting, popped it up & it was good to go.






Last but not least, the sentiment...

I found a nice font on MS Word, so I printed on plain white cs. Trimmed and framed, but it needed something.....didn't really want to use a ribbon, so I took my MS border punch, punched a strip, trimmed it off straight about 1/8-1/4 inch on the opposite side. Then very carefully (took a couple of tries) I re punched from the straight side to get the effect. Added a couple of flowers made from excess punch cuts to finish it off.

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment