Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Graduations

Spring brings so much for everyone to do, including lots of graduations.
Here are a few of the cards I've made over the past couple of years....


 I made this for a friends son who was graduating from High School & heading right off to the army boot camp. The dog tags and eagle were digis from: digi ditto. Then I added the young man's name & a bit of inspiration before printing






For this next young man, he was heading from a High School with one color blue for a school color off to college with another blue school color. I liked the idea of bridging the two.










Now a different fold technique, a twisted easel card. I found this inspiration on Pinterest Twisted Easel/ I've tried to link to the original post, but it seems to have been deleted. I did find the card was made by Lyn Bernatovich. Thanks Lyn!

Anyway, this is my version.... my niece's school colors are Blue & Yellow. The card is 6x6, larger than I'd normally make, but I just prepared to mail in a larger envelope with some other things.

Here's a tutorial from another blog: http://www.card-making-magic.com/twistedeaselcard.html, just dry fold / fit everything so it opens the way you want it to.

I started with a 12x12 sheet of blue cs, then topped the top with the yellow on top of that I placed the
topper of blue.. to add some dimension, I simply scored the square in both diagonals before adhering.  To add some sparkle, I used the silver marbled foil cs. The sentiment stack is made from a spellbinders label. To make the larger one pop from the background, I embossed it with some gold using the Versamarker. The personal sentiment is tucked under the easel part.






Here it is closed & ready for mailing



A friend asked me to make a couple of cards for some twins she knew to be graduating... These are what I came up with. 

Using a Martha Steward border punch, I echoed the trim on the edge with a strip of plain stock at the folded edge.




For this one, I used a different border punch but added flowers. Using a fancy brad for the flower center adds a something different.











And now for the little ones....

    I made a set of these for my mother to give to the preschoolers she was reading to at her church nursery school. The owl & hat are two separate clip art images. I made the tassel with a piece of bakers twine attached with a tiny brad.





















No comments:

Post a Comment